Thursday, February 18, 2010

Oh Beach, How I Miss Thee!!

I know, I know, I live in Florida right? In a coastal city, at that. So how can I miss the beach.? Well, south Florida has been unusually cold the past two weeks with lots of wind. But I have been trying to recreate a black and white photo for my mother that required a visit to the beach. I jumped at the request because I LOVE LOVE LOVE the beach. Could the wind just cooperate a little on my behalf, no such luck.

On Monday there was finally a break in the weather and I made sure we had time to drive to the beach. A trip well worth it. Not only did the kids have a holiday from school but we got to go the beach, YEAH!!! My children must have been missing the beach as well, because that was the least amount of complaining I had heard all month.

When we arrived my girls obliged me with the one photo I just had to get and then they were off to bury things and find shells. Luckily the water is too cold to even think about getting in so I was left to just sit in the sand and watch the waves (without playing LifeGuard). Do you know how relaxing it is to just sit and watch the waves?

The beach is one of the most beautiful places I can think of. When I say I love the beach, I mean...I live on the beach and I still vacation to a beach.